quarta-feira, outubro 27, 2004

Pilates

It´s funny how things work differently in every country. Initially I needed to give the Language Center a picture for my Centro de Idiomas identity card. With that card I can get free Internet access. Now... I was interested in starting some kind of a sport and I decided Pilates was something I wanted to try. My friend Klara had talked about it a lot.
So.... to be able to get an ID card for Pilates I need another ID card, but that takes two weeks so I got a photocopy of my application and walked up to the University. I explained everything to a really nice man by the name of Jesus. He gave me a form and the next day I had to bring it back with two pictures. For the two months I intend to do pilates I had to pay 30 euros, which is nothing. I think it´s about 300 for a 6-week course in Iceland (Oh God how I miss it....hehe), but no.... I had the m0ney, but could only pay by going to Caja España and make a deposit. The next morning, before class, I went to the bank. It took them half an hour to process the deposit and it wasn´t enough to have me there in person, they needed my passport (and for some weird reason I did) and needed to enter my passport number to be able to make the deposit. How weird. I admired their patience though. They are probably used to things being complicated, and luckily they don´t go as much by the book as in North America. Thank God!
After school I returned to the sport´s office at the Uni and got my ID card for pilates. At 3 o´clock the same day I had my first pilates class and guess what!!!??¿¿ The instructor looked at the card and said: "What is this?"