sexta-feira, novembro 12, 2004

My Internet café

It didn´t take me long to find an Internet café when I first arrived. At first it didn´t seem special at all. It´s in a basement and it´s a restaurant as well where they serve typical Spanish courses. The toilets aren´t too clean and people smoke and eat while they´re online. I went there with Frida the second week I was here and we had lunch (and here lunch starts at 2 PM). We didn´t really know what we were ordering. Paella we knew, but the rest was kind of obscure... I was pretty sure that the waitress had an accent, probably French. Frida didn´t think so.
Addi and I sat at that same Internet café every day. We had dinner there the first day he arrived and the staff was looking at us funny. They had seen me there almost every day and all of a sudden I had this really hot guy accompanying me. The waitress (same as before) was obviously curious and started asking me questions. Where are you from, etc. She turned out to be from Russia and was studying at the Centro de Idiomas also, had the same teachers and everything.
Having vino tinto (red wine) and tapas while answering your email is absolutely the best. The tapas you don´t have to ask for, it´s included when you order the wine. They even bring it to your computer. Usually the older guys behind the bar tell the less experienced to bring it. On Sunday when Addi was printing out his Renfe ticket (for the train) one of the older guys brought us vino tinto and tapas on the house! We had already had two... Then he gave both of us a mobile phone belt-case with the place´s name and address on it. I told him I wasn´t leaving, but it didn´t matter.
Now I´m sitting there alone again....