segunda-feira, novembro 15, 2004

Salamanca

I went on a trip to Salamanca on Saturday. The school organizes trips for the students and they´re included in the school fee. We left at nine o´clock in the morning. It was a 2 and a 1/2 hour drive and at first the sun was shining, but not for long. It was so cold, probably colder than in Iceland. We walked between important buildings and Javier (one of the teachers) told us the history of everything. On one of the walls of one of the buildings you are supposed to find a frog, and if you do your studies will go well or something like that. Hardly anyone could find it without having somebody point it out to them, and I only found it after walking around the city and returning to the wall. It´s on top of the head of a stupid skull....
I don´t particularly like walking around looking at buildings, but time went by fast. Frida, Hay (from Vietnam) and I were walking together most of the time. We had coffee and visited the tourist shops together. The shop owners are overestimating the tourists I think because I couldn´t really afford anything there. I only bought two small ceramic plates or whatever you call it.... making 27, my house number in Iceland and here! Then I bought, or did (I´m not allowed to tell which) something really nice for my boyfriend. He´ll find out on December 24.
This time we ate at the University´s cafeteria. I was not impressed, but a 3 course meal for 3 euros you can´t really complain.
Conclusion: It was a nice trip, but I´m glad I didn´t pick Salamanca to study. They speak too much English and everything seems to cost more than in León.
I think that the three teachers who were on the trip were quite amused by me. First they started talking about how cute I looked with the purple flower in my hair. The even noticed that my sweater and shoes were matching (oh yes, I am the colour purple girl, everybody who knows me knows this). Everytime I used the bathroom I would look in the mirror and change the position of the flower. They found that quite interesting. We stopped at a bar on the way back and José Luis (head of the school) asked me if anybody was still in there and I told him that Christina (my oral communication teacher) was still in there, drunk and crazy. When I left the bus I was holding my cute little pillow and they were quite impressed by it. It´s not something you can describe with words, but I think they like me and it feels good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kolbrún said...

Which purple flower?

8:50 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home