sexta-feira, novembro 12, 2004

Smoking in España

People smoke like crazy here. They smoke in the schools, the banks, some stores and of course out on the street, all restaurant and bars. I thought to myself it would be impossible for me to quit smoking here, but I was kind of hoping (and I did pray about it actually) that I would end up living with people who don´t smoke, although it seemed that every person living in the apartments I looked at seemed to smoke. When I moved in here I din´t even think about it. I just liked the place and I desperately needed to move.
Angelica doesn´t smoke but she told me I could smoke in the apartment. María Jesus doesn´t smoke and the day after she moved in I thought to myself that maybe I should just quit - especially since my prayers had been answered. It would be stupid not to use the opportunity. After all I had really bad broncitis that I needed to clean out of my system. It´s harder for the body to clean out when filthy smoke is being inhaled all the time.
I am a genious when it comes to quiting smoking. Like my dad said once: "just ask Ásta how to quit, she´s done it many times." Whatever happens later I don´t know and I´m not making any promises, but I have been a very successful non-smoker since 3PM, Tuesday, October 2oth. And whether you are a smoker or a non-smoker I´m telling you: it´s fu..... hillarious how easy it is to stop smoking. It´s all in the mind. I just had to realize that I didn´t need the cigarette. Allowing myself to miss the cigarette is not an option. Punktur og basta.... bless bless sígaretta, thú ert ekki vinkona mín.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kolbrún said...

good for you luv.

4:29 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home