quarta-feira, novembro 17, 2004

He was a girl...

Everything is much better than yesterday. I´m both lucky and unlucky ´cause if I go down I´ll go up pretty fast, but it also mean that I can go down pretty fast. Anyways.... what I wanted to talk about is Monday. I saw an ad at the University.... somebody asking for Spanish-English exchange and wrote to this person . Then I got a reply from a guy who seemed quite nice. We decided to meet next to the clock at Plaza Domingo- square. I had only waited for about 7 minutes (surprise! I was on time!) when this girl was standing in front of me asking: Are you mmmm...? I said: yes, I´m Ásta. The name Conchi Antón sounds so much like a guy´s name. My roommates laughed their heads off when I told them about this. "You thought Conchi was a guy´s name?" The couldn´t get over it.
Anyway... Conchi is a really nice GIRL! We decided to speak English that night, but tonight we will be speaking Spanish. I am really nervous ´cause I´m a perfectionist, but like my cousin Ingunn said: "It´s obligatory to make a fool out of yourself." Thanks for the advice Ingunn. It reminds me of when I bought my purple shoes...heheh... One of the shoes had a tiny little black spot on the side and instead of asking for a discount I asked if I could pay more.... heheh... just a minor beginner´s mistake I guess. Although I feel that my Spanish is kinda shitty I think that I´m doing pretty good. All the people in my class have studied AT LEAST 3 years (University level). I studied for 2 and a 1/2 years, 9 YEARS AGO! Oh well, I still have to study the grammar. I´m not like Rain man....
So.... Conchi and I are taking the bus to Madrid together on Friday. She has a class there every Friday, but I´m visiting my friend Kári. We went to MH (menntaskóli - junior collage) together so we´ve known each other since we were like 16. He´s a lot of fun. I´ll tell you about Madrid later. I´ll be back on Monday (thus missing class, but who cares).
Next I have to tell you about the 10 dogs - 10 bars.
Besos y abrazos,´
ÁSK