quinta-feira, novembro 18, 2004

TEN DOGS - TEN BARS

Just a quick ´story´about the ten dogs and ten bars from when Addi was here.
He borrowed the video camera from my dad and we took it around; to school, the center, the market, cathedral and of course around the house. One day I really wanted to get 10 dogs on camera, one after the other. It didn´t take long since there are almost more dogs here than people.... In León there are funny dogs, angry dogs, ugly dogs, dogs walking alone, dogs walking with the leash in their mouth, dogs that look like rats, dogs that look like beauty queens, old dogs, stupid dogs, puppies.... I haven´t seen a hot dog though... haha... I´m so funny! Anyway... I think the 10-dog-video turned out quite well. I actually wanted to keep one of the dogs, but that´s not possible :( After the video-making we decided to go to 10 bars. That´s what they usually do here; have a corto and a tapa and go to the next bar. We went to barrio el humedo where they have lots of bars, but actually only made it to 8 bars (I guess we were a little drunk). At one of the bars we ran into Toni Soprano (or at least it looked like him). My friend Kolbrún will be putting his picture here soon. Then I gave some guy my full address and phone number, telling him he´d be welcome any time. The last bar we went to had a bowl full of candy. I´m not eating candy these days, but when I woke up my bag was full of those little things. I must have emptied the bowl! We had a lot of fun although we didn´t feel all that great the next day. Well...if we hadn´t been hungover we wouldn´t have woken up at four, gone out at 6 and ran into el Presidente de España, José Luis Rodrígues Zapatero (he´s from León) and Bundeskanzlerr Gerhart Schröder. I had my camera but unfortunately I needed new batteries so it didn´t work so they are part of our little My life in León documentary. How sweet!