segunda-feira, dezembro 06, 2004

ETA bombings in León!!!

I guess that most of you know what ETA is. For those of you who don´t know, ETA stands for Euskadi ta Askatasuna, which means Basque Homeland and Freedom in Euskara, the Basque language. It is a terrorist group.
Anyway... they just bombed a bar/café here in León. Probably because today is the day of the Spanish constitution. I was there just a few weeks ago drinking vino tinto with Frida, Glenn and Paul. I remember buying some CD´s of a toothless Asian woman. Kind of scary I must admit, but call me crazy, I find it a little bit exciting. Maybe it´s because I haven´t been out of the house for two days. I´ve been pretending to be studying and making my very famous Christmas cards.
Addi called me just after two and asked me really loud: "are you ok?" I had no idea what was going on. My sweetie pie was worried about me ´cause he heard about the bombings even before I did. I turned on the TV right away and saw where the bombs had exploded and that it was that bar close to Frida´s place. So... about 2 hours later I walked down there. I took my camera with me just in case, but there was not much to see. Only some of the windows were cracked, but there were people trying to look inside to see if there was anything there. So here I am at my Internet place, and the city of León is full of people right now, just as if nothing has happened.

Frá mbl.is:
http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/erlent/frett.html?nid=1115293
CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/12/06/spain.madrid/index.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Kolbrún said...

Wow. I was in Paris in August 1995 when there were some terrorist bombings... made you feel the real world a little bit more than here in Iceland.

12:53 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home