quinta-feira, novembro 25, 2004

Madrid - Madrid

Madrid was great, but no place is great without great people! Kári and the girls treated me like royalty. The bus-ride was about 4 hours from León because of traffic. Conchi turned up last minute and we sat together talking most of the time. She is so awesome! I learned the hard way the difference between cojín and cojón. I told her that I always brought my cojón (literally: shit) with me on bus trips, but apparently it´s cojín (pillow).
Conchi helped me figure out how the Metro worked and Kári picked me up at Avenida de America. His house is not too far from there. We walked around a little bit later that same day. Went to Plaza Mayor and had some wine. When we returned to the house he made the most
delicious chicken breast with garlic, onions and avocado. It was so good that I had him write down the recipe and made it myself two days ago (yours was better though Kári!) The next night Hulda made the best Lasagna I´ve ever had. My God! Was I ever stuffed after this weekend. We watched the EuroJunior where the nine year old María Isabel won with Antes Muerta Que Sencilla. She was quite good, although I find it rather sad that a little girl is dressed up like slut. I bought her CD though just for fun.
We went to the Rastro (market) on Sunday and I got some pretty good deals. I also saw some of Miró and Picasso´s work. Kári and I were thinking about taking one piece of art with us and split the profit. It didn´t work... That same night Kári´s girlfriend, Claudia from Peru, joined us at the Sidrería for some real cider. After two bottles we decided to go home. Boy... I´m telling you... there´s something in that cider that makes you crazy. We were acting like 5 year olds on the Metro; laughing, making funny faces, chasing each other, etc. It was really funny and the photos I took are just precious - especially the ones of Kári.
I wanted to write more but María Jesús is going crazy. She´s been kind of nasty today and now she needs the computer.....
¡Adios!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anônimo said...

I miss you like crazy, you crazy woman!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anônimo said...

I miss you like crazy, you crazy girl!

10:54 AM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home